Saturday, March 15, 2008

Oh, Ichigo

"Bleach" is back and my favorite episode aired on adult swim last Saturday. Ichigo appears in all his glory to save Rukia only to have the one of the best face offs in any anime with the ever stoic Byakuya Kuchiki. Oh, and they play the song. Ichigo is so bad ass in these next few episodes having attained bankai , his unforeseen cape bilowing and weilding his zanpakutō over head like a toy. I am eager to watch them again with English dub to revel in the beautiful animation and fantastic twists.

While "Bleach" was off screen, I caught two other animes on adult swim. "Blood+ "has almost finished its run. I was intrigued by the buffy-like premise, a girl using her blood sword to kill these monsters. But the action is few and far between replaced by drawn out family drama. I do enjoy the characters, when they are not whining, and the various groups surrounding the monsters' creation. The best part of this anime is the music, composed by Mark Mancina released on two albums. The second anime was "Death Note." This horror and psychological anime has excellent animation. I am only half way through but not enjoying a teenage boy using a notebook to kill people just because he can. Still, I can not stop without knowing the end so I will continue to watch.

1 comment:

  1. Ichi. Well, I actually just watched about 5 more episodes last night, coming to around 152 (or 156, i can't keep it straight). But let me just say that I am extremely annoyed with the stupid characters. First it was Kon. Then it was Ririn and Cloud and polymorph dude. And now it is maybe the most annoying trio of "hollow" kids. They just make me want to puke and I really wish they would get on with the action.

    That being said, the action is pretty awesome, and some of the arrancar are really great. Though the lessons Ichi learns on his way to the top are nothing like those he learned in Soul Society.

    All in all, this arc is basically the exact same thing as the quest to save Rukia, and that is pretty lame. I've lost a lot of faith in this series.

    ReplyDelete