Sunday, March 16, 2008

more anime

I wanted a few more words about some anime I caught recently. By the way, I updated my anime list link to my public link on anime news network. It is easier to keep up to date.

Naruto (post Sasuke's traitorous exit but prior to Shippūden)
After episode 135 (wow that's a lot of episodes), the Naruto anime moves into filler episodes which are created separately from the manga. They still follow the search for Sasuke but team up different members of the Leaf Village in that search. They are less than steller, animation and plot wise relying on silly jokes and leaving little action that is not new or different. I watch them because I do not get enough from my limited Shippūden exposure. I do enjoy seeing characters, though, that you would normally not see.

Air
I took advantage of netflix's 'instant watching' to take an anime off my want to see list. Air was beautiful and extremely funny. The story of a boy and a girl, one searching for an angel, the other slowly fading into that girl. A terribly melancholy story but between the drama is exciting writing, flowing music, and again beautiful animation. It is something that I would watch again because it was short and concise. I have the movie version on my list and I hope it lives up.

Basilisk
I just started this anime but do not look forward to watching it. A Romeo and Juliet story filled with death. Still the ninja and sword fighting pull me like no other. It deserves a chance.

Chevalier D'Eon
This is on Anime Network on my Time Warner Cutting Edge on demand channel. Another really beautiful anime set in the period of the French Revolution. It is loosely based on the real D'Eon de Beaumont with a fantasy flair. The action leaves little to be desired and I am actually not a fan of any of the characters or the plot. But I watch it still to find out how it ends.

Noein
I love a good dimension travel story. This one is a fabulous run on SciFi channel's Animonday. It is fabulous because they are not afraid to kill characters and still retain dignified grief. I love the main guy, very powerful and the guardian of Haruka, the only one able to see the other dimensions. I am about halfway through and only get annoyed at the fact that the children can wonder around so freely. I enjoy everything else about it and will continue to watch enamored.

No comments:

Post a Comment