Saturday, June 19, 2010

driving to the end of Texas

After my mother pointed me toward a performance of The Secret Garden in Corpus Christi, TX I decided to drive down and quench my need to see it again. For those of you who do not know, Corpus Christi is on the southeastern coast of Texas, an inlet on the Corpus Christi Bay in from the Gulf of Mexico. I drove down IH-35 to IH-10 and finally to IH-37 (a highway on which I had never driven) all the way to exit number 1, seemingly the end of Texas. It was hot but I walked along the bay for a little while. The show was good for what it was able to do but there was no live orchestra so timing was an issue and the scene changes were choppy so they provided a lot of distraction. I always viewed them as happy narrators of the story but maybe I had forgotten how very creepy the ghosts of the story were. In the end, the show was not great but it did fill a gap and it was fun to drive to that part of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment