Monday, April 07, 2008

soccer frenzy

How great is it to have soccer back in full swing.? With Beckham scoring his first MLS goal and the returning champs, the Houston Dynamo having an exciting opening home game against FC Dallas. I decided to drive to Houston this weekend to partake of the game, enjoying the residents stopped for bluebonnet pictures with their kinds on the way. It was a cloudless day and I had forgotten my sun screen. How lucky was I that they were giving away orange hats to the first 10,000 fans.? It still did not stop my arms from burning though. Though Onstad was hurt in the first ten minutes and the MLS rookie keeper let two slip by, the Dynamo came through in the end to tie 3 - 3. It was tremendously exciting and reminded me why I love the game in the first place. It is great that ESPN2 is showing double headers on Thursday, HDnet is showing games on Saturday, and Fox Soccer Channel is rounding it out even showing the CONCACAF cup. If you are not watching, dig in because it is the best game around these days.

1 comment:

  1. Man, wish I could watch all those channels. But I have to say, 'tis the season to be PLAYING soccer too!

    ReplyDelete