Sunday, April 20, 2008

getting caught up

Thanks to Netflix immediate watch and SciFi's Animonday, I have finally finished the anime I have been watching for a while

Tactics
A sub par story about a priest like man who destroys spirits and monsters. The climatic ending was not even enough to rank this average. Seriously, it was just on for noise.

Noein
A bit confusing near the end but a touching story of friendship and defying destiny. Some nice digital graphics to go along with it. I would recommend it for some good science fiction and character moments.

GunXSword
I love Netflix's Watch Now feature. I have had this on my list to watch for a while but have debated putting it in my queue because it is a lot of discs. The Watch Now feature allows me to watch it anytime and not six or seven episodes at a time. The premise of Gun Sword is mecha based and though I am not a mecha fan, the protagonist is a whole bunch of fun. From the creators of Cowboy Bebop, it did not have that epic feel but came pretty close. Van of the Dawn can control a big armor which stays in orbit around the planet until he calls for it which is often given that everyone seems to have their own armor. Van's sole purpose in life is to kill "The Claw", the man who murdered his fiance. Along for the ride is Wendy, an innocent yet determined girl bent on finding her brother and some others Van begrudgingly picks up along the way. It is mostly light with some okay fighting scenes. Again, a good recommendation for a well rounded series.

Next up: Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo and Mushishi some of the top rated anime available on Netflix's Watch Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment