Friday, November 19, 2004

The music of The Lord of the Rings

FSM Forum Lord of the Rings in Chicago Part Two

Doug Adams is writing a book on the music from The Lord of the Rings by the incomparable Howard Shore. In one of Film Score Monthly's weekly tirades between some of the sites' more famous members, Doug mentions that he is four fifths done. One other particular statement made by Al Kaplan was something that I have thought since I saw the first movie:

One of my favorite aspects of the trilogy is that that theme is heard three or four times in the span of seven hours, and then it comes back and is the main theme of the third movie. I think it's brilliant.

The Gondor theme is my favorite theme and the Council of Elrond scene when Boromir speaks is my favorite rendition. The forward thinking and preparedness makes for amazing music. I am glad someone else thinks so.

No comments:

Post a Comment