Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Big screen debuts

Took in a few movies. Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason and because I think movie prices are too high, snuck into National Treasure both of which I would not have paid full price to see. Bridget, while incredibly entertaining was not as charming as the first movie. I have to give Renee Zelleweger credit for not looking as beautiful as she did in Chicago but someone should have dressed her better. I thought National Treasure may have been like Pirates of the Caribbean or at least a close Mummy look alike but it was neither. It was a little short on plot and a little too heavy on action, although the action sequences were not too bad and hit just the right drama. I wanted a little more character development and was expecting more from a Disney film. Nevertheless, both movies got me away from life for a while which is all I wanted.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is released on DVD today. I bought it but have not watched it yet. Killer visuals and photography, this movie franchise has definitely had a turn for the better. Still, there were plots that were left out and I hope they reconcile this in the next movie. Rumored date for Book 6 release is June 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment