Wednesday, November 18, 2009

movie quotes

I read an old bulletin board post of mine. Since it was a list of quotes I love, I thought I would share.

Buffy: Does the word, 'duh' mean anything to you?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)

NASA Director: This could be the worst disaster NASA's ever faced.
Gene Kranz: With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour.
Apollo 13 (1995)

Winston Zeddemore: Ray, when someone asks if you're a God, you say "Yes"!
Ghost Busters (1984)

Kent Mansley: Hey there, scout! Kent Mansley, I work for the government.
The Iron Giant (1999) -  love you, Kent!

I will go there and back again - from "In Dreams" 
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

Spot Conlon: I say... that what you say... is what I say.
Newsies (1992)

Lady Eboshi: What exactly are you here for?
Prince Ashitaka: To see with eyes unclouded by hate.
Mononoke Hime (1997)

Willow: See this acorn? I'll throw it at you and turn you to stone!
Madmartigan: Ooh, I'm really scared. Help! There's a peck with an acorn pointed at me!
Willow (1998)

Sorsha: What are you looking at?
Madmartigan: Your leg. I'd like to break it
Willow (1998)

Red: I hope...
Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Captain Malcolm Reynolds: Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a little plastic rocket...
Serenity (2005)

Jayne: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here...
"Firefly" (2002)

Hipolito: We pass the time of day to forget how time passes.
Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain (2001)

Mathilda: Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?
Léon: Always like this.
Léon (The Professional) (1994)

Mathilda: I don't wanna lose you, Leon."
Léon: You're not going to lose me. You've given me a taste for life. I wanna be happy. Sleep in a bed, have roots. And you'll never be alone again, Mathilda.
Léon (The Professional) (1994)

Leeloo: Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass.
The Fifth Element (1997)
 
David Huxley: When a man is wrestling a leopard in the middle of a pond, he's in no position to run.
Bringing Up Baby (1938)

Tracy Lord: Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl.
C. K. Dexter Haven: Well, now, that's not conversation.
The Philadelphia Story (1940)

No comments:

Post a Comment