Saturday, November 28, 2009

monk

I have watched all eight seasons since its inception. I loved Tony Shalhoub in Big Night and on "Wings". And while the plots are mostly predictable, the attention to whatever phobias and disorders Monk possess in each and every episode has put it at the top of my need to watch first list since 2002. The classic example is the first episode of season two. Monk substitutes in a school. He starts the class by writing his name on the board and the episode spends at least five or six minutes on Monk making sure that his letters are even and perfect. And the show continuously devotes that time. There are times when it is downright hilarious and times when it is not so funny but the continuity is welcome. "Monk" is coming to an end and I have been waiting for a lovely tribute from USA network, one of those montages put to music. Alas, nothing because USA decided to go for the celebrity send off. I could not live without my thanks to a beloved show. Thanks, Monk. It has been grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment