Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the gadgets and me

I admit it. I am a geek and I love new gadgets. But I have had two gadgets for quite some time that I believe are some of the best investments I have made.  The first is my Synology DS207. This network access server proves its worth time and time again when I access this baby from my pc or linux system, my xbox 360, and now play through DLNA compliant using my bluray player all through a wireless connection. There is nothing better than not having to fiddle with large hard drive systems when you can install up to a TB standard hard drive into a box which holds two of them. Synology has loads of systems which can hold two, four, even 10 hard drives. And they provide the software, web access, and all the assistance in setting it up and having it run without trouble. I love it beyond words.

The second gadget I only got recently when I set up my new home system. My receiver with hdmi switching is a bit finicky in that sometimes the video does not come through. I have to turn on another device then switch back to get it working correctly. Enter Harmony all in one remotes and specifically the Harmony 550. This baby does everything with such customization that I put all my other remotes in a box, never to frown at them again. I need this one and my xbox 360 game controller from now until the end of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment