Sunday, January 04, 2009

my eyes on repeat

"Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog" has been released on DVD. Did you know it made Time's top 10 tv series of 2008? I suggest buying the $9.99 thing exclusively on Amazon because it is hilarious and there is 45 minutes of commentary which is sung too. Fan-freakin' tastic. I own the soundtrack too, of course. It is funny, I am not a fan of Nathan Fillion's songs however much I loved him in "Firefly". But Neil Patrick Harris definitely makes the series and the songs. The song that Penny and Billy sing called "My Eyes" is on repeat this week. Evil inside of me is on the rise...

Felicia Day, who plays Penny, is also on a web series called The Guild about a bunch of online gamers. Also incredibly funny though you have to sort of understand the culture. Just lookup any slang you do not know.

Update: Dr. Horrible commentary lyrics are now available.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I watched both of these, and they are great. The guild seems a little undeveloped and the acting is a little shaky, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. DrHSAB was pretty tight, though I have to say I wasn't happy with the ending. For some reason I was hoping for a little more hope in the end, as uncharacteristic as that is for me. Anyway, it was tres good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, that is Joss Whedon. He likes the dramatic and not the happy ending. It is strange that I like him because I need the happy ending. But the fact that you were upset with the ending means that he did his job getting you involved in the characters. A true genius. I agree with the Guild comments but still fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete