Monday, January 12, 2009

Himura Kenshin the battousai

So I had plenty to do this weekend.  Instead of doing it, I put in the first season of "Rurouni Kenshin", the anime based on Himura Kenshin's time as a wondering samurai, pledging his sword for good to attone for his deeds as the manslayer, battousai.  This year marks 12 years since this anime was created but the story holds.  While the art dates itself, the man has no equal.  Kenshin is my epitomic hero, one with a sword fighting for good and along the way attracts friends and foes.  The red hair, cross scarred white knight captured my heart again for a few hours, taking me away from reality.  How much more can you ask for?

2 comments:

  1. Gah, Kaoru's voice still reverbs in my head when I think of this series. Truly though, this was the anime series that sold me on all anime watching thereafter. Can't believe how lucky I was to stumble on one of the bests so early. Though I have to say, when I went back and watched it a second time, the animation certainly does feel dated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? I am trying to find some time for the second season. I love Kenshin.

    ReplyDelete