Tuesday, February 19, 2008

a strike of luck

I watch too much TV. I know it. So when the Writer's Guild of America went on strike, I actually cheered. In a month where I am usually glued to my beautiful set and dependent on that lovely DVR for extreme sweep action, I actually finished a book and did my taxes early. Even with the strike, though, my appetite for television has become downright particular. I do not do the reality thing nor do I put much into sitcoms. My taste for the legal drama is dry and the teen drama, acidic. I tend to veer toward high production dramas with either witty writing or appealing relationships. And, of course, scifi and anime which consume more than most. Now that the strike is over and Spring TV starts to unveil, my DVR will fill again. No worries, though. There is nothing better than stepping into someone else's shoes for a long while.

2 comments:

  1. Except we have to wait now for some pretty anticipated conclusions like the ending to AVATAR.

    May 6th is it now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I have not heard a TV premiere date. The next DVD for season 3 is due May 6 so hopefully, they will be premiering on TV before that.

    ReplyDelete