Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Life goes on

I have not blogged in a while. However, when I tried to pick something to blog about, I found there was a lot going on in my life. There was the whole trip to Italy where I spent a day in Venice and a day in Milan. Oh, and there was the work part of the trip too. Perfect weather and perfect food culminated for a rather perfect trip. Then there is the matter of playing Doom 3 on my Xbox 360. Oh how it reminds me of the good days when my brother and I would play for hours in front of the computer. I have to admit that I had low expectations of the game but am enjoying it immensely. ID has done a wonderful job of updating the demons and story for a scarier, most excellent first person shooter but never sacrificing what made it a great game in the first place. I wish my brother was around to experience the multiplayer. Then there was the series premiere of Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 3. The first episode of the most anticipated season of fire bending was a little less than fantastic but the second was back to its old form, hilarity with magnificent heart. Was there ever a funnier brother than Sokka or a more tortured character than Zuko? Please someone start watching this show so I can share the love. Nevermind that the Buckeyes are kicking butt, that Beckham will continue to be on the disabled list until the end of the season, or that hockey starts today. I will not blog about the premiere of the 2007 Fall TV season of which nothing has sparked intense feelings as yet. I will not speak about my excitement at seeing the Macy's Day Parade in New York City this year. No the one thing in my life which seems to have made the most impact is that two of the only people I knew when I moved to Austin are now moving away. In this time of an unsteady job and a more unsteady life, it saddens me to lose two good friends. Something like that makes you realize that life is short and friends are scarce. Make sure you appreciate the ones you have.

3 comments:

  1. yosh. aw man, it totally totally sucks that your friends are moving. but I have to secretly say that it makes me happy that you have fond memories of our late night doom games. is the new one really any good? i should check it out, but i don't have any sort of console. Do i detect another crazy stint to Austin to vedge and keep my sister happy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I have fond memories. Doom 3 is good but I am on the normal level so it is a bit easy. I have to say, XBox is pretty fun and Doom3 is pretty scary. Everything is so dark and you fight all the old demons, imps, revenant, and I just hit that fire guy who brings everything back to life. I have to say that even with out history it took me a while to figure out that he was doing that. I also just hit a portal so it is starting to get good. I am eager to finish and go back and try the harder level.

    You are always welcome but I thought our next veg trip was going to be Bleach. You know season one comes out at the end of this month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. But I have them all on DVD in japanese. Be nice to have them in DVD FORMAT though.

    I totally forgot about the dudes that bring the imps back to life. Man i'd love to check that one out.

    don't know if we are still doing the xmas trip to the cabin, but if not maybe we could play a little at home. that's another conversation though.

    ReplyDelete