Sunday, October 28, 2007

Big damn heroes

I did not start out liking Naruto. The anime focused on the young ninja who was whiny and annoying. Plus, his main strength is his determination and not his ninja ability and to me, this is boring. I like my heroes special, strong, moody. Which brings me to Sasuke who was just that. Meanwhile, Naruto grew stronger and Sasuke grew jealous. So Sasuke goes off to seek power and revenge. Naruto goes after Sasuke to bring him home. The bitterness between them, despite their previous camaraderie, was felt in their last meeting when they both fought to kill. Now, it seems, Naruto, is a top notch anime which has improved both in character and animation. I can not wait to see how things work out.

Which brings me to the end of the Bleach run on adultswim for a while. They have switch to Death Note, another interesting anime. But the thing that bothers me is that they stopped right as the Soul Society arc gets really good. The big hero scene (I do love my heroes) when Ichigo shows up and brings his bankai. The big scene is that much more enjoyable because he shows up dressed to kill with his big ass Zanpakuto and stops Rukia's death with the best line, "Yo!" God, how I love Bleach. I hope it comes back soon. Meanwhile, I will open my mind to other anime and try Death Note.

3 comments:

  1. They're taking it off?? That's stupid! That's right when the arc comes to a close and you finally find out what's going on behind the scenes in soul society.

    That's stupid. Death Note is not nearly as entertaining as Bleach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it goes on hiatus I think. They have caught up to the English dubbed episodes and need to wait for more to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, good... I was beginning to think I had my DVR thingy programed wrong because it had been so long since it recorded any new episodes for me.

    ReplyDelete