Thursday, October 19, 2006

100th post about... the weather

Yesterday, I walked out of the building in which I work and caught my breath on 90 degree October. The humidity had caused condensation on the inside of the windows. Then, last evening a storm hit. The wind blustered through my chimney (do not get me started on why there are chimneys in Texas) and rain pelted the windows. My apartment creaked and swayed with the force of it. As I walked out this morning, the coolest breeze I have ever felt swept my hair in all directions and I broke into a smile. This is it. Fall has finally breached the long hot summer and believe me, it was very long and very hot. While Spring tends to bring people out of the winter's cages, fall gives me energy. I am now hopping for outdoor activities and anything to enjoy the weather. Only four months until summer starts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment