Monday, November 08, 2010

Desplat does Harry Potter

The Harry Potter film franchise, in my opinion, has died its slow death. I was so angry at the last film, I vowed to not see the next films in the theater. In fact, I may wait until the second part gets to DVD before even watching the first part. Along with its death came the murder of its soundtrack. Half-Blood Prince was simply so awful, no offense to Nicolas Hooper, I did not even buy it. That is saying a lot for a girl who buys soundtracks like they were cookies.

All of that being said, I decided to listen to Alexandre Desplat's tour and was proven once again that film music is my love. Desplat added wonder back into the score. He added deep, dark tones that brought forth emotion. The score is not riddled with themes but I feel a sense of hope again. Maybe the score can even convince me to actually go and see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment