Monday, November 03, 2008

living in the city

Here is a list of things that I like about living in the city:
  • halloween - I am not a big fan of this holiday but the city makes it worthwhile. The city shuts down Sixth St, the main drag. With Austin being a college town and having a stellar night life, the costumes come out in swarms. It was fun watching all of that on such a beautiful night. I am eager to experience Christmas in the city.
  • festivals - There is always a festival or event. This weekend was the Day of the Dead festival, hosted by Mexic-Arte. The decor was awesome. Then there was the Texas Book Festival where authors and publishers host book signings, sales, and entertainment. I picked up a copy of the The Texas Hill Country: A Food and Wine Lover's Paradise who's author and photographer were very excited and signed my copy. More on my fascination with the Hill Country later. Sunday was the Race for the Cure and the route goes right by my building.
  • walking - To the gym, to the grocery, to the library, and around Lady Bird Lake. I have been debating getting a bike but why when I can get most anywhere with my own two feet. With the nice weather these days, it is a shame to not spend as much time outdoors as possible.
  • the capitol - Seriously one of my favorite buildings of all time. I get to see it every day, walking to the gym. This weekend, I took time from the book fair to sit and read under one of its beautiful trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment