Wednesday, September 24, 2008

another one off the list

I am not sure why but I love state capitol buildings.  I love buildings in general but old ones with arches and rotundas just take my breath away.  While visiting my sister, we took a trip to Richmond to visit the Virginia State Capitol.  Designed by Thomas Jefferson and the place where democracy was first established, history just filtered out of this beautiful French based structure.  With its yellow interior walls and landmark confederate roots, I wanted to just sit and bask in its southern glory.
 

I may not have a real list but I could probably start one.  
  • Columbia, SC
  • Raleigh, NC
  • Columbus, OH
  • Austin, TX
  • Nashville, TN
  • Charleston, WV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Richmond, VA
  • Lexington, KY (only from the outside as it was closed when I went to visit)

No comments:

Post a Comment