Monday, September 03, 2007

Season One

Target had this set for under $40 which is pretty good for a six disc set. The packaging is nice, with comic rendering and not a lot of flash. I like the understated logo of this series, a world surrounded by light signifying the eclipse and the impending doom.

I immediately watched my favorite episode, the future one where all the twists and turns occur. I watched with audio commentary which, I have to say, was a bit much because the actors were talking too much to distinguish anything. I watched un-aired pilot with creator/director commentary as well and was happy to hear they cut the terrorist story all together. It was too much and would not have captured me as easily. Then, I moved on to the score extra. I have not been a big fan of this series' music. It is too ethereal for me. But after hearing them talk about the mixture of instruments to try and pull together all the story lines, I had more respect. Then, to prepare for the upcoming season finale, I watched the last episode. Without having the rest of the season to feel the building anticipation and fear of Skylar, it was hard to get into it. However, the one character who never fails to capture admiration is Peter Petrelli. Milo just oozes compassion. But without the antics of Hiro and Ando, Claire and Noah Bennet's underlying suspicion, or Skylar's evil looks (though there are plenty in the finale), it was hard to feel like it was something great. If you have not seen the trailer, search YouTube and be disappointed that Peter has no mention. September 24 can not come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment