Wednesday, August 01, 2007

thoroughly entertaining

It is one of my favorites. Not sure why, but Thoroughly Modern Millie is just plain fun. So when I heard and read that Austin's Summer Stock program was putting on the production, I jumped. The Summer Stock program consists of high school and college students working with professionals to put on full productions. They are the cast, the crew, and everything in between. I must say, I was wholly impressed. The Mary Moody Theater at St. Edward's University is about a 200 seater theater in the round (or square) and the choreography played to its strengths. Both Millie and Billy were top notch and Ms. Dorothy topped them both. She had some pipes and a great presence. The dancing was even great, feeling quite professional. Kudos for an exceptionally good time.

There are not many chances of Broadway productions in Austin. The theater that usually hosts the tours is down for the year. Guess I will get my kicks elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment