Monday, March 14, 2005

Catching up on old Anime

So I finished Neon Genesis:Evangelion and though was disappointed with how the story ended, loved the images that flashed across the screen as it did. That sort of collage always plays well with me. Hopefully the movie will enlighten me a bit more on what exactly happened to Yugi.

Also watched the Truth and Betrayal Rorouni Kenshin Movie and was a flutter with samurais and romantic gestures. It truly was a masterpiece of anime.

Speaking of masterpieces, I watched Nausicaa again this past weekend in Japanese. It is growing on me but I still think Mononoke is better. I had to watch it again just to prove it too myself. I love the door opening scene and the scene where Ashitaka holds his sword in his mouth to shoot an arrow and the impending samuarais. God bless Miyazaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment