Monday, January 24, 2005

Welcome back, Science Fiction

I can say with absolute certainty that the role of science fiction in my life just jumped about 10 notches. The Friday night lineup on the SciFi channel is some of the best television out there with production values through the roof and pretty actors galore. While I admit that Stargate: SG-1 has let me down with their stay-at-home storylines, the witty writing still keeps me involved. Stargate: Atlantis has greeeat potential (said with the voice of Thor) and Battlestar Galactica rivets my attention for every second. Too bad they ripped off Firefly's camera zooms in space but didn't keep the silence in space aspect which would have put it over the top. Thank God we scifi fans have something to scream about because it was getting bone dry.

On a related note, the Wednesday night lineup on ABC with J.J. Abrams' Lost followed by Alias is also ranked up there as top television. This night is my weekly fix for impressive action and intriguing drama. Nothing but 24 could push these two well suited shows off the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment